Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fundraiser Heidi

Picture

What's up everybody? I decided to share this story with everyone first because it is the most important story I will ever write. My daughter, Heidi Marie, was born December 20, 2008. Unfortunately there were some complications at birth which eventually resulted in the diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy. Heidi has brightened my life and makes it infinitely better every day. She is such a happy child and does not let her disability stop her from accomplishing anything. She is so strong and has inspired me to take on the challenges I face with a positive attitude. Heidi is always optimistic in everything she does, and any mistakes she makes are turned into lessons for her to apply the next time she tries something new or difficult. Any time Heidi falls she stands right back up ready to walk again. I am so proud to be her mom and feel lucky to get to say she is my daughter. Everyone at her school tells me how much Heidi brightens up their days. When I hear those comments I can't help but smile. If you happen to be even a little down when she's with you than you should expect a lot of hugs, kisses and of course an " I Love You" every five minutes until you are smiling. She is warmhearted, amiable and never gives up! Her constant determination helps her to find her own way to deal with the physical challenges that her diagnosis presents her with. I learn so much from her every day and any success I have in life I owe to her. She has taught me to stay motivated and confident in any situation and to learn lessons from my mistakes because they will only make me better in the end. I have always wanted to create a fundraiser to help other children with the same diagnosis as Heidi but who may not have the opportunity to get the help they need. When I went to the bookstore to find some information on creating a fundraiser for Cerebral Palsy all I could find were books on Autism. I was hurt to see the lack of awareness for CP so I decided to use my blog and podcast to try and raise people's awareness of Cerebral Palsy. I created FundraiserHeidi to help other people who suffer with this diagnosis. You can check out the FundraiserHeidi website by clicking the link below. Any donations and shares are appreciated. The money goes straight to hospitals around the Baton Rouge Area to help people specifically with CP. The most helpful advice that I have learned from Heidi is to be creative and unique in all that you do, never to give up because with practice and determination anything is possible and last but not least always remember to SMILE. It is contagious! :] 

This is the link to FundraiserHeidi http://www.crowdrise.com/FundraiserHeidi/fundraiser/danielledallimore

1 comment: